Sunday, March 31, 2019

Italian Style Kale Salad

A friend gave me this recipe. I don't know where she found it. Not only is it delicious, it keeps well, which is unusual for a salad.  Unfortunately for me my husband likes it so much we rarely have any leftover for me to have for lunch the day after I make it.

4-5 cups organic lacinato Kale, removed from stems and sliced
juice of a meyer lemon
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
Aleppo pepper to taste
1 tsp herbes de Provence
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko
1/2 cup pine nuts or toasted walnuts
Whisk together juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, Aleppo pepper, and herbes de Provence. Pour over kale and toss with your hands. Add panko and toss with salad servers. Add cheese and nuts and toss servers.

No comments: